The Estrella War site (24810 S. Rittenhouse Road, Queen Creek, Arizona 85242) is located in the southeast corner of the Phoenix metropolitan area.
Directions from I-10 coming from Tucson (Driving time from Tucson just over 2 hours)
- Merge onto AZ-87 N via the ramp to Coolidge/Florence
- Turn right onto AZ-287 E/Florence-Coolidge Highway
- Turn left onto N Attaway Road. It dead ends at Hunt Highway
- Turn left onto W Hunt Highway
- Turn right onto N Gary Road
- It turns into S Rittenhouse Road
- At the street light of S Rittenhouse Road and W Combs Road turn left onto the site
Directions from Mesa and West Phoenix (Driving time from Mesa 30 minutes. Driving time from Phoenix 1 hour to an hour and a half)
- Take I-60 freeway east to Ellsworth Road exit
- Turn right on Ellsworth Road and drive south to Rittenhouse Road (big stop light)
- Turn left on Rittenhouse Road (Rittenhouse will be very busy during rush hour)
- At the street light of S Rittenhouse Road and W Combs Road turn right onto the site
Directions from Scottsdale (Driving time from Scottsdale about 45 minutes.)
- Take I-101 south to I-60 east
- Take I-60 east to the Ellsworth Road exit
- Turn right on Ellsworth Road and follow the directions from Mesa (see above)
Once your flight arrives, you can rent a vehicle to drive to the site, or take a taxi or limo to the site. Shuttle service is also available from either Phoenix airport to the site (see below for shuttle information).
If you’re traveling to the site by a taxi, shuttle, or limo, your gear must be unloaded at the Front Gate parking area and the service vehicle will not be allowed to enter the event and drive to your camp. You must make prior arrangements with your camping group to help move your items to the campsite when you arrive.
UPS delivery of packages to the site can also be arranged for attendees and merchants.
Prices vary greatly.
- Arizona Value Shuttle 480.982.8551
- V-One Limosines 480.642.5642
- M&B Sedan 877.627.3326
- Sky Harbor Ground Transportation 602.743.9682
- All Valley Transportation 888.933.1300
- Super Shuttle 800.BLUE VAN (258.3826)
Each year, the Estrella War staff makes arrangements with UPS to deliver packages to the event site during the Estrella War. This service is provided for both attendees and merchants, although attendees are welcome to ship items using other shipping companies if they can make those arrangements. While the guidelines for shipments may change slightly from year-to-year, it generally works as outlined below.
Ship to Site
- Packages should be shipped to Schnepf Farms, 24810 South Rittenhouse Road, Queen Creek, Arizona 85242. Please be sure the modern name of the person picking up the packages is included on all packages you send.
- Packages are picked up from the Estrella War Merchant Coordinator for Merchants or the Estrella War Site Coordinator at the site. If packages arrive before you do, they will be held by the Merchant or Site Coordinator until you arrive. Go to Merchant’s/ Autocrat’s point to pick up packages at the site.
- A drivers license (or picture ID) matching the name on the packages, and the vendor’s Tracking Number for each package, must be provided to pick up packages at the site.
- Once you have shipped your items, you must contact the Merchant or Site Coordinator and provide 1) the name of the shipping company you used, 2) your SCA and modern name, 3) the vendor’s Tracking Number for each of your packages, and 4) where you plan to camp at the event and a contact number if you will have one available on site.
- The Merchant Coordinator will not directly delivery packages to you and/or your merchant booth. All packages must be picked up by the owner directly.
- All packages leftover at the end of the event will be turned into the Kingdom Sheriff as “lost and found” and you can contact the Sheriff’s department for information.
- Please note, we do not recommend the use of the United States Postal Service for shipping to and from the event; because this is also a working farm, items shipped using USPS tend to get delivered to the owner’s PO Box and/or don’t make it to site on time as express and overnight shipping are not guaranteed. Commercial companies like UPS and Fedex are highly suggested.
- Questions about UPS shipments to and from Estrella War should be directed to the Merchant or Site Coordinator.
Ship From Site
UPS and other shipping companies do not pickup packages at the Estrella War site, so if you need to ship packages at the end of the event, you must take them to a shipping facility. Here are the locations of the closest UPS stores:
|Miles From Site||UPS Stores Closest to Site|
|1.4 miles||UPS Store # 6000 Phone: (480) 655-5571||85 W Combs Rd, Ste 101, Queen Creek, AZ 85240|
|5.1 miles||UPS Store # 4980 Phone: (480) 889-1568||530 East Hunt Hwy, Ste 103, San Tan Valley, AZ 85143|
|8.22 miles||UPS Store # 4920 Phone: (480) 987-2297||18521 E Queen Creek Rd, #105, Queen Creek, AZ 85242|
|10.64 miles||UPS Store # 4930 Phone: (480) 603-1130||4904 S Power Rd, Ste 103, Mesa, Az 85212|